Tuesday 9 December 2014

On The Ocean of Love

ON THE OCEAN OF LOVE...
By Rana Naeem Akhtar

Through the ocean of love I found an island which fascinated me and I sailed the boat and landed on the island. It was full of sweet fragrance of delicious attractive fruits. I tasted them one by one and went on then I reached a tree which was not as attractive as others were. I ignored the fruit and went on. I went on and I came across a goddess sitting alone. I asked her who she was. She said she was the goddess of love. I said why you are alone. She replied she rarely got someone who could accompany her. I asked whom you want the company. She said the ones who come and taste nothing but the fruit of that tree which had no attraction and no one tasted that. I said it was natural no one would taste that fruit which was amongst the most enchanting fruits. She said that was the reason she was alone. I said you would never get one to company you she replied nothing and went away.
On my way back I tasted the fruit and sailed back to the ocean of love. As the time passed I felt the immortal taste of the tree my desire to get that taste again and forever. I rushed back to the island. I found each tree with full of fruits with same delicious fragrance. The tree I was looking for was not there nor the goddess. It was late then………
Top of Form
Bottom of Form


3 comments:

  1. nice and right into one's mind...having great meaning but possibly obscure.... intense sharing...good work, I would love to read more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Ficction is extracted from life, and the life is obscure....

      Delete
    2. The Story of an Hour is another attempt to expose the frivolities of life

      Delete